A messenger bag is also called a courier bag it mostly made out of some kind of cloth that is worn over one shoulder with a strap that winds around the chest resting the bag on the lower back. The leather messenger bags have been available for ages and they were first carried by messengers. The best leather messenger bags combine form and function and of course quality production.
As we all like to surround ourselves with lots of stuff and that doesn’t only apply to our homes. Just think about how many things you usually carry in your various pockets and your handbag could be under the right circumstances used as a weapon due to its weight. However carrying things in our handbags is many times hardly practical nowadays.
Many of these messenger bags also have internal pockets which allow one to take their laptops with them, including the mouse, charger, power adapter, and even some writing utensils and pads. I’ve seen many managers carrying their laptops in these kinds of leather bags, however not only them. For example college students love using them to take their college work and books from class to class every day.
1) Make sure the leather is a quality, thick leather, don’t fall for split leather, go for full grain or at the very least top grain. Needless to say, stay away from vinyl.
2) Check its construction because the best leather messenger bags should double stitching around all stress points.
3) Check for water resisting features. All leather messenger bags feature a large flap over the front.
4) Check for a liner. A liner prevents the leather from bleeding color onto the bags contents. The liner should be a good quality material.
5) Finally, as with all fine leather products, be prepared to care for the leather with proper cleaning and conditioning.